description

Our little boy Caleb doesn't need to be told twice when Daddy tells him to go "put on your boots"! He doesn't know where he's going, doesn't know how long it'll take or how much it will cost; All he knows is Daddy asked him to go spend quality time with him and that's all it takes for him to obey. We have heard the same request from our heavenly Father concerning adoption. We are embarking on this adoption adventure with Him not knowing the where and how; All we know is God wants to spend quality time with us and teach us who He is on a deeper level.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Do I choose to be blessed?

Once again I spent way too much time in my mind. Thinking things over and over again. I worry. I'm anxious. I am letting my heart be troubled as opposed to NOT letting my heart be troubled. I am "in control" but it is not a good feeling. I'm hurting myself more than anything.
Adam and I spent some time in prayer last night. I know this is the right thing to do. I give it back to the Lord once again and leave everything in His control. I traded my anxiousness for some shabbat and shalom. (He's  better behind the wheel than I am anyways!:)
This morning in my One Year Bible I read a verse I have read millions of times before. It jumped at me, and spoke hope to my heart like never before. Elizabeth tells her cousin Mary :

"You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.” Luke 1:45

She believed God's promise. He blessed her for it. Do I want to be blessed in this adoption adventure? Well of course, Yes! I want to see God's promise come true. I want to see His hand at work. I want to be blessed by His plan for our family. I want to be used. So then I need to BELIEVE Him. No more doubt. No more time spent wasted in my mind. Here's more of His great promises to us:

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment